Saturday 14 May 2011

Vinyl - Peter Bardens HEART TO HEART

Two words....Stephanie Powers...nuff said.......isn't she lovelyyyyy, isn;t she beautifulllll, ... etc

No, not that Heart to Heart

This is a beautiful record, very Barden-esque.....I think he lost his way a bit with the later albums...this one is a light jazzy affair, with lots of bardens' sentiment that I used to pick up off old Camel records....not so much the proggy stuff...but the slightly melancholy, yet humour laden, wispy, airy, sensitivity....

Raining All Over the World .. is a love song, a song of a relationship split...yet it sounds to me very much like a heart pour over his leaving Camel...it's a very moving song...

I can see many people NOT liking this LP as it is a soft sensitive kind of poppy, keyboard oriented, funky, ballady odd affair...but I love it...I thin this is is his best solo LP in fact....

Mel collins is fantastic as he always is...and Gus Isadore plays guitar and sings some....

It's a nice album, all the players are in fact contributing nicely to this record.....

.....a melancholy beautiful record...with strong songs, lovely vintage keyboard sounds, spacious production and Pete Bardens' character stamped all over it

Another fave LP that sounds great on vinyl...might take some people a few listenings...will appeal to rain lovers

HOW CAN I EXPLAIN TO YOU
WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH
IT'S ALL IN ...... SLOW MOTION

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.