Saturday 14 May 2011

Vinyl - Fashion FABRIQUE

This LP is one I used to play on cassette in my old mini circa 1982/3.. car was a honey gold 1972 mini saloon....my first car....

As soon as it hit the record deck today, memories flooded back..driving past cockfosters, Lavender Hill, Enfield...Ang, smoking, British Telecom, late night drives in HERTS, attending Southgate Tech......wow....every nuance of this record I know....like many of my LP's....

Anyway, back to the LP.

FASHION and their LP FABRIQUE .. kind of post punk electronic rock, in a way, Simmonds drums, spacey yet industrial-ist production, drum machine sounding beats, imaginative lyrics on occasions....

but it just does not go far enough...the groove always feels hurried and weird, like the band is not playing together, and if they are not, and they probably weren't then it should still hang better than this...

Really - I felt nauseous listening to this LP...it really is bad...

Sounds bad on any format.....to me it's a very unmusical - pretentious LP...badly played, badly produced gimmicky muzak....that strives to be seen as "art" but falls short because the listener is not lifted anywhere, there's not enough depth to the lyrics or music.....it doesn't inspire growth-thought and it doesn't groove......

I really liked this back in the day...weird how it sounds so different now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.