Wednesday 27 April 2011

Vinyl Listenings - AUTOMATIC MAN




Today's vinyl on the deck has been Automatic Man, the eponymous first album.

This album is another that takes you on a journey...it's beautifully analog in it's feel....takes me right back to a time when I lived in a haunted room in Winchmore Hill, I can see and smell those days when I hear this record...and I can remember how I felt...a different world, a different me....."feels like a lifetime ago".

Lots of phased guitar, echo, wahs etc don't impede the great melodic nature of the LP.

It is a rock album but with a kind of psychedelic Motown feel at times.....thoughtful lyrics, and excellent playing...very atmospheric, very moodful, at times very exciting......a highly recommended LP.

"surely there's a way for you to be all the things you know"

Pat Thrall, Michael Shrieve, Bayete, Doni Harvey.

Sounds great on Vinyl! Fukc CD's!

Track listing
All songs written and composed by Todd Cochran as "Bayete" , except where noted.
Side one
"Atlantis Rising-Fanfare" – 5:07
"My Pearl" – 3:34 (Automatic Man)
"One and One" – 5:57
"Newspapers" – 3:57
"Geni Geni" – 5:32
Side two
"Right Back Down" – 5:55 (Bayete/CasaBianca)
"I.T.D. (Interstellar Tracking Devices)" – 5:14 (Bayete/CasaBianca)
"There's a Way" - 5:14 (Automatic Man/CasaBianca)
"Automatic Man" – 3:55 (Bayete/CasaBianca)
"Atlantis Rising Theme (Turning of the Axis)" – 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.